You are querying Quressa Robinson | Nelson Literary Agency
Quressa is looking for:
• Modern-day blue stockings, POC fangirls/fanboys, #blackgirlmagic, #carefreeblackgirls, #blackboyjoy, LGBTQ+, neuroatypical/neurodivergent, and disabled POCs as leads
• Middle grade (contemporary and SF/F). Cute, quirky, charming, and fun. Along the lines of KIKI'S DELIVERY SERVICE and SPIRITED AWAY.
• Young adult (contemporary, SF/F, historical)
• Adult SF/F with strong genre-bending/crossover appeal. (Think the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern, and THE AGE OF MIRACLES by Karen Thompson Walker. I’m also a fan of Anne Bishop and Naomi Novik.)
• Literary fiction that is thoughtful, evocative, page-turning. (THE MOTHERS, BEHOLD THE DREAMERS, TELL THE WOLVES I'M HOME, STATION 11)
• Upmarket and commercial fiction
• Passion projects in narrative nonfiction with a strong literary voice and commercial appeal (WILD by Cheryl Strayed, HILLBILLY ELEGY by JD Vance, BLACK MAN IN A WHITE COAT by Damon Tweedy, WHEN BREATH BECOMES AIR by Paul Kalanithi). Would love to see non-whitewashed cowboy stories; pop science by women, specifically women of color; and literary, voice-driven memoir with commercial appeal.
• #ownvoices and marginalized authors in all genres mentioned above. Inclusive narratives in all genres.
Nelson Literary Agency does not represent:
• Short-story collections
• Material for the Christian/inspirational market
About The Author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
About The Book
Fill in these book-related fields.
Paste in the first 10 pages of your book.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc
List some books that are similar to yours.