Querying Tara Gilbert
Thank you so much for considering me. I’m excited to check out your project!
If you’re looking for more information about me, you can check out my website at https://taragilbert.com/.
Fiction Authors: Please submit a query, 1-2 page synopsis, and a 5-page sample of your manuscript.
Nonfiction Authors: Please submit your proposal, 1-2 page chapter outline, and 5-page sample of your manuscript.
Graphic Novel Authors: Please submit your graphic novel proposal, synopsis, 5-page sample script, and there is a link at the bottom for your portfolio (if you have one).
A few things to remember when querying me:
• Your query should focus on the characters, conflict, and just enough of the action to grab the reader’s interest. Think of it as the copy on the back or inside cover of a book.
• Make sure your query doesn’t fall into the trap of being long on bio and short on story. There is a bio section for that purpose.
• Your synopsis is entirely different from your query and should include spoilers. It should be no longer than two pages double spaced.
• If you’ve hit send and notice a typo, formatting glitch, or another issue, don’t fret. I understand and won’t hold it against you.
A few things I DO NOT want:
• Infidelity. I don't want romances about cheating. I'd rather have a poly romance or a triad. ;-)
• Men in uniform don't really do it for me. Women or nonbinary people I could give a chance.
• Stories with pregnancy or babies as the main plot.
Again, thank you for considering me, and I hope to talk with you soon!
About The Author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
About The Book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please paste in the entire text.)
Paste in the first 5 pages of your book, or your full book proposal if your book is non-fiction.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Enter a one sentence pitch for your book.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc. (500 characters or less)
List some books that are similar to yours. (500 characters or less)
For Artists and Illustrators
Provide illustrations or art samples, if applicable.