Querying Tara Gilbert
Hi friend! Thank you so much for considering me for your story’s representation. I’m excited to check out your query and sample pages!
If you’re looking for more information about me, you can check out my profile at www.corvisieroagency.com or my website at https://storyoracle.wordpress.com/.
A few things to remember when querying me:
• Your query should focus on the characters, conflict, and just enough of the action to grab the reader’s interest. Think of it as the copy on the back or inside cover of a book.
• Make sure your query doesn’t fall into the trap of being long on bio and short on story. There is a bio section for that purpose.
• Your synopsis is entirely separate from your query and should include spoilers.
• If you’ve hit send and notice a typo, formatting glitch, or another issue, don’t fret. I understand and won’t hold it against you.
A few things I DO NOT want:
• Vampires! Unless they are like the monsters in THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab.
• Infidelity. I don't want romances about cheating. I'd rather have a poly romance or a triad. ;-)
• People in uniform don't really do it for me.
• Stories with pregnancy or babies. Children scare me, so if it's a horror and it's like Children of the Corn, that's ok.
NOTE: Do NOT query the same project to more than one Agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency (unless you have rewritten the full manuscript or I have requested materials through an event).
Again, thank you for considering me for your story, and I hope to talk with you soon!
About The Author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
About The Book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please paste in the entire text.)
Paste in the first 5 pages of your book.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Enter a one sentence pitch for your book.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc. (500 characters or less)
List some books that are similar to yours. (500 characters or less)