You Have Chosen to Query: Saritza Hernandez
Thank you so much for considering me for your representation! Please complete as many options below as possible, and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
When querying me:
• Avoid using passive voice in your query. Hook me with your first sentence and keep me engaged throughout your query, synopsis and sample pages.
• Keep your synopsis to 2-pages, single-spaced. It should show characterization, setting, conflict, resolution and for romance, the HEA or HFN.
• Follow submission guidelines to avoid receiving an automated rejection letter.
• In fiction, I am more interested in your work than your writing/pub credits so make sure it's the Work that stands out in your query.
• In nonfiction, your platform is key. Make sure that's clearly evident in your proposal. Tell me what makes you the right person for this work: (ie: Chef with 15 years of culinary experience, YouTube sensation with more than 1 million followers, etc.)
• I require a one-sentence pitch (or tagline) of your work. If you pitched this to me via Twitter, copy and paste the tweet in that section of the form.
• Romance works should meet the romance novel criteria as defined by the RWA. If your story does not meet the criteria, it is not a romance.
Remember, I am NOT accepting the following:
• Picture Books, Chapter Books
• Short story collections
• Inspirational works including religious overtones
All the best,
Saritza Hernandez, Sr. Literary Agent
Corvisiero Literary Agency
About The Author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
About The Book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please paste in the entire text.)
Paste in the first 5 pages of your book.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Enter a one sentence pitch for your book.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc
List some books that are similar to yours.