You Have Chosen to Query: Saritza Hernandez at Andrea Brown Literary Agency
Thank you so much for considering me for your representation! Please complete as many options below as possible, and I will get back to you as soon as I am able.
A few tips when querying me:
• Avoid using passive voice in your query. Hook me with your first sentence and keep me engaged throughout your query, synopsis, and sample pages.
• Keep your synopsis to 2-pages, single-spaced. It should show characterization, setting, conflict, resolution and for romance category, the HEA or HFN. (Learn more about how to write your submission materials here)
• Follow submission guidelines.
• In FICTION, I am more interested in your work than your writing/pub credits so make sure it's the Work that stands out in your query.
• In NONFICTION, your platform is key! Make sure that's clearly evident in your proposal. Tell me what makes you the right person for this work: (ie: Chef with 15 years of culinary experience, YouTube sensation with more than 1 million followers, etc.)
• I require a one-sentence pitch (or tagline) of your work. If you pitched this to me via Twitter, copy and paste the tweet in that section of the form.
• ROMANCE works should meet the romance novel criteria as defined by the RWA. If your story does not meet the criteria, it is not a romance.
• ILLUSTRATORS - both those with an art/text dummy as well as those who want to illustrate others' work (for the latter put "SEEKING ART REPRESENTATION" in lieu of a title below. And "0" or "1" for Word Count. In the sample section, simply write "n/a.")
Remember, I am NOT accepting the following:
• Picture Books, Chapter Books
• Short story collections
• Inspirational works including religious overtones
About The Author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
About The Book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please paste in the entire text.)
Paste in the first 5 pages of your book, or your full book proposal if your book is non-fiction.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Enter a one sentence pitch for your book.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc. (500 characters or less)
List some books that are similar to yours. (500 characters or less)
For Artists and Illustrators
Provide illustrations or art samples, if applicable.