Submit a Query to Eva Scalzo
Thank you for your interest in querying me! I'm excited to take a look at your pitch and ask that you include your full query letter and paste in the first three chapters of your manuscript in the appropriate locations on this form! That will help with processing your query.
A few notes about the process, please read carefully:
1) I try to read these in order received, though I will occasionally jump around. Expect a response from me within 60 days, feel free to nudge anytime after that. **My current response rate is on average less than 30 days; some might sit for longer because I am debating, but even if I sit with it longer, I will make a decision within 60 days.**
2) If you are worried about how to address the query, I'm not one for formality. A simple "Dear/Hi/Hello/Greetings Eva" is sufficient. 4
3) The additional questions listed below are meant to be for fun and you are *not* required to answer them. There are no wrong answers, and this is not some sort of test. I love seeing the responses but my decision about your query are not related to anything you reply here. If you’re curious, my answers are:
a) Tahiti. I was obsessed with Tahiti when I was in the fourth grade and it sounds gorgeous and untouched and warm. I wouldn’t turn down trips to the Maldives or the Seychelles or New Zealand.
b) I’m a Leo sun, Libra moon, and Scorpio rising.
c) Madonna’s "Like a Prayer" is my go-to karaoke song.
4) If your three chapters get cut-off, don't worry. There's a hidden character count in the form. Whatever you've posted will be enough for me to decide whether or not I want to keep reading.
5) Once you have submitted your query to me, please wait for a response before submitting to any other agent at Speilburg Literary. Likewise, if you have previously submitted work to another Speilburg Literary agent, wait until they respond before submitting to me. We can track simultaneous submissions across the agency and will reject duplicate submissions.
6) This is my general query form. I offer feedback on occasion, but it’s not always possible or meaningful. Sometimes things are just not for me, and it’s not a value judgment on your work. Publishing is subjective and not every story works for every reader. But no matter what I hope this querying process finds your perfect agent match; whether it’s me or someone else! All authors deserve a champion for their work.
Step 1. Tell us about the author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
Step 2. Tell us about the book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please include the entire text.)
Tips for formatting and pasting text
Paste in the first 3 chapters of your book, or your full book proposal if your book is non-fiction.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Do NOT paste images into this field.
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.