Querying Analieze Cervantes at The Harvey Klinger Literary Agency
Thank you so much for considering me for representation. I'm excited to dig into your work!
Please keep in mind that I am only accepting Picture/Chapter Books: Upon Referral or Requested.
If you would to know more about me, please check out my website at https://analiezecervantes.com
Please keep this email for your reference because it will allow you to check the status of your query. It also includes a link that will allow you to message me to let me know if you've received an offer of representation from another agent.
Please submit a query, 1-2 page synopsis, 1-sentence pitch, and a 5-page sample of your manuscript.
• Submit art samples, book dummy, or a link to your portfolio. Please put "SEEKING ART REPRESENTATION" in lieu of a title and "0" for word count. In the sample section, please write N/A.
• Only upload art samples in the upload section.
• Submit full manuscripts.
• Submit art samples, book dummy, or a link to your portfolio.
For Graphic Novels:
Graphic novel (art and text): attach 10-20 sample page spreads in jpg or pdf format, summary/synopsis typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form, and provide link to online portfolio
Graphic novel (script only): first 10 pages of script typed (or copy/pasted) into the box provided in the QueryManager form
**Fields marked (required) are required, and the other fields are encouraged**
A few tips when querying me:
• Follow submission guidelines.
• Please do NOT email me your query. I will not accept them.
• Do NOT submit multiple projects or the same title simultaneously at a time.
• Avoid using passive voice in your query. Hook me with your first sentence and keep me engaged throughout your query, synopsis, and sample pages.
• Keep your synopsis to 2-pages, single-spaced. It should show characterization, setting, conflict, and should tell me the ending.
• In fiction, I am more interested in your story than your writing/publishing credits so make sure your story is strong and engaging. I want to be dragged into your story.
• I require a one-sentence pitch (or tagline) of your work. If you pitched this to me via Twitter during pitch events, copy and paste the tweet in that section of the form.
• Mystery works should fit the mystery genre, it should leave me on the edge of my seat, keep me engaged, have cliffhangers, and should not give me hints on who "dun" it.
• If you've hit send and notice a typo, formatting glitch or another issue, don't worry about it.
What I'm not looking for:
• Picture Books (upon referral/request)
• Previously Published Books
• Short story collections
• Inspirational works including religious overtones
• Horror (please nothing with Zombies)
• Anything Political
Again, thank you so much for considering me and I hope to talk to you soon!
Step 1. Tell us about the author
Fill in these author-related fields.
Tell us a little about yourself and any writing credentials you may have.
Step 2. Tell us about the book
Fill in these book-related fields.
(If your book is shorter than this (such as a picture book) please include the entire text.)
Tips for formatting and pasting text
Paste in the first 5 pages of your book, or your full book proposal if your book is non-fiction.
(Tips for formatting and pasting text)
Do NOT paste images into this field.
Pasting large blocks of text can take several minutes. Please be patient.
Enter a one sentence pitch for your book.
Who will want to read your book. For example, girls under 12, fans of John Grisham, etc. (500 characters or less)
List some books that are similar to yours. (500 characters or less)
Step 3. For Artists and Illustrators
Provide illustrations or art samples, if applicable.